What is Travertine?
Travertine is a type of natural stone formed in hot springs by the precipitation of calcium carbonate. The most prominent feature of the travertine stone is the holes within the stone which are formed by the CO2 bubbles in the hot mixture as it is settled. Interestingly, travertine stone has been used for centuries in constructing ancient buildings such as Colosseum in Rome. Nowadays, this popular tiling and flooring natural stone is popular among Australian homeowners and builders alike.
Travertine Tiles v/s Travertine Pavers
The popular travertine tiles and travertine pavers come in a variety of shapes, sizes and colours. The terms travertine tiles and pavers are used interchangeably. The only difference is that tiles are usually used for indoor flooring, however, pavers for outdoor flooring to allow natural setting of the pavers on sand and gravel.
Use of Travertine as Outdoor Pavers & Indoor Flooring
Travertine is versatile and has recently become more popular because of its unique textures and durability. The most popular use of the travertine tiles and pavers is for the outdoor areas. But people use travertine pool coping tiles more these days because of the bright colours and durability of the stone. Additionally, it is quite popular as pool pavers, garden flooring, patios, wall cladding, fireplaces, stairs, feature walls, and other outdoor paving. Similarly, travertine tiles can also add a beautiful charm to indoor floor tiles.
Travertine Tile colours / styles / flooring
Travertine stone tiles come in several colours and tones. You will be awestruck by the perfect look and beauty of the travertine tile alternatives when you see them. The options are endless, but we have gold, cream/beige, grey, black and silver-coloured tiles available in our store.
There are different types of styles and finishes available for travertine such as polished, honed (smooth matte finish), brushed (clean-cut edges) and tumbled (round edges).
Benefits of Travertine
- Stylish: Travertine is one of the oldest flooring and building material in existence. Its presence provides an essence of prestige and age to the environment. Each piece of travertine tiles and travertine pavers is one-of-a-kind installation as it is a natural beauty of the earth art.
- Durability: Travertine tiles are quite durable and provide excellent water & moisture resistance. Travertine natural stone do not crack easily and can easily survive the test of time. The best way to understand how long it can last, take a quick review of “The Colosseum”, one of the ancient building made in 70 AD which is still standing firm with no effect of natural disaster on it.
- Easy to repair: Any repairs and damages can easily be replaced in travertine by keeping a few extra tiles for perfectly colour-matched repairs.
- Weather Resilient: Travertine tiles can easily adjust to extreme weather fluctuation thus are well suited for both indoor and outdoor tiles and pavers installations.
- Non-Slippery Texture: Travertine holes and pour provide it a non-slippery texture which makes travertine tiles and travertine pavers an ideal choice for bathrooms, pool decks, showers, floors and swimming pools.
- Environmentally friendly: Travertine tiles are environmentally friendly since it is not involved in any manufacturing processes. This natural stone is a perfect fit for those who favour “eco-friendly” trends and surroundings.
Contact Stone Pavers Today to get the best offer on your Travertine Tiles order.
Looking for travertine tiles Melbourne suppliers in Australia? We are Australia’s largest travertine tiles and travertine paving suppliers in Victoria, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra and Adelaide. Give us a call today on 03 9706 9767 or visit our showroom located in Melbourne.
Want to know more information about travertine tiles and pavers? Check out our recent blogs.
Read More about Travertine Tiles- Learning Center
- What is Travertine
- Travertine FAQ
- Quick Facts About Travertine
- Travertine – Outdoor Tiles and Pavers
- Travertine Tile Colours
- What is the price of Travertine Tiles?
- Cleaning Travertine Tiles and Pavers
- Travertine French Pattern
- Travertine Pavers
- Types of Travertine Tiles
- 7 Travertine Tips to Protect and Clean Travertine Tiles and Pavers
- Travertine Pool Coping and Pool Paving
CALL US TODAY! Order Your FREE SAMPLE – Express Posted