EUROPEAN BLUESTONE PAVERS & TILES – GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY
PRICES start from a LOW $43m² inc GST
For a great PRICE, extremely durable bluestone pavers with the epitome of bluestone’s natural beauty. We recommend you follow the following guidelines when purchasing our BLUESTONE:
12mm thick: tiles should be laid directly onto a concrete slab or great for balconies, decks or indoor floor tiles.
20mmthick: pavers can be laid as above OR onto a compacted road base into a wet slurry of sand and cement
30mm thick: pavers can be laid as both above or onto a compacted road base into a dry sand bed, great for tiling over easements or where you require water permeation.
There will be some cats paw present in this stone. Generally, a tile will only have a MAXIMUM of 10-15% of surface coverage. Expect a dimensional or thickness variation of +-3mm. We HIGHLY recommend laying in a brick pattern with a 8mm grout joint.
SIZES AVAILABLE are as follows…..
600×300, 400×400 800×400 in 12mm
600×300, 400×400, 500×500, 800×400, 1000×500 in 20mm and also 30mm thickness
MATCHING POOL COPING available in Drop Down, Bullnose, Bevel Edge
The European has a medium grey colour with cool blue undertones. As a result, they make excellent pool pavers and pool coping tiles as they enhance the blue colour of your pool.
– Select one of the adhesives above (they ALL have a rapid setting time) and simply mix as per manufactures specifications then notch the adhesive onto the back of EVERY tile (ensuring 100% coverage).
– Let the adhesive set, usually around 3-4 hrs and then install the tiles as per your usual technique into the wet sand and cement mix.
– This system minimises the risk of any of the tiles warping slightly due to being moisture sensitive.
– GROUTING should ONLY occur IF the tiles have been completely dry for at least 4 days in a row.
– IT IS NOT acceptable to blow the water out of the joints and then grout as you WILL have effluence issues, possibly warping issues, picture framing due to trapped excessive moisture.
– You must of course follow the Australian Tiling Standards in regard to incorporating expansion joints into your tiling. Failure to do so WILL lead to dummy and lifting tiles.
Highly recommended around BBQ areas or when the blue stone tiles are installed as internal floor tiles. Bluestone pavers and tiles can be sealed with an invisible penetrating sealer to assist in the easy ongoing clean up of the stone pavers. We recommend sealing your Bluestone pavers with Tasman’s STONE SHIELD ( invisible no colour change penetrating sealer) This is also available at Stone & Slate Discounts. Cleaning prior to sealing we recommend a high-pressure wash only, please ensure that you keep the jet nozzle around 250mm-300mm above the pavers at all times. DO NOT use a colour enhancing sealer on your bluestone as they tend to highlight any saw marks not visible to the naked eye and are generally harder to use and can be problematic.
Do not use Hydrochloric acid to clean up as this can cause minerals present in the stone to react adversely.
Just sweep when needed. Bluestone responds well to high-pressure cleaning with a domestic machine, please keep the nozzle about 300mm minimum away from the face of the bluestone pavers and tiles. A solution of mild detergent and water can be applied prior to pressure cleaning.